Monday, December 13, 2010

Exchange Experience







Our goal during exchanges was to find 2 new investigators and after planning dilligently for appointments, finding people, talking to everyone, knocking doors etc, come 3:45 we still hadn't found anyone!!!! I complained saying, 'where are these two new investigators? I know the Lord has two new people for us!'.. While we were on a street trying to meet up with a contact found days earlier by Sister Earl and Choal, we decided to knock doors down the street, as a last result, so to say. The second to last door we discovered a miracle. We found mandy and jeremy at what couldn't have been a better time.. Mandy answered the door and I felt prompted to ask her the question, 'Do you wonder if god has a purpose for you in this life?' She choaked back tears and said, yes. She invited us in and we were able to share an amazing lesson with them and invite them to the ward christmas party, church, and give them copies of the book of mormon. They were so thankful we had come at that time and couldn't stop acknowledging what a miracle it had been that we showed up at that exact moment. They had been talking of their purpose as a couple and individuals in this life. They have a child together and wondered if they should go their separate ways because their relationship was falling apart.. Mandy and Jeremy were both at the end of their ropes and their faces said it all. I couldn't believe what was happening the whole time I encountered this miracle! I've never felt so fulfilled before in my life, helping ones so willing to accept help. Their souls seemed to be reaching out in such thanks to Heavenly Father and us.. :) Words cannot describe the experience let alone the feelings I felt.

Love, Sister Kylie Hislop




No comments: