So yes, you saw my AWESOME picture and thought BYU HAWAII!!! Yeppers. I'm planning and making every effort to go back and finish my undergrad, only now, as soon as this fall--we have some working and saving to still do.. and when I say we, I mean me.
Most of you who know me might think, "Goodness this is ridiculous, this is like her 5th attempt at a different college." to those of you who are thinking such things, I say,............ "Actually, it's the 4th attempted school if we include my mini semester just concluded at the University of Utah, because this isn't my first time going to BYU Hawaii.
Now, to make no mistake-while keeping it short and sweet, My plan to go back to BYU Hawaii, if the Lord doesn't stop me, includes the following reasons;
* I absolutely LOVED it there! I was quite happy and I made outstanding grades (probably the best in my college career thus far)--one would think the sunshine and beach would distract from school, rather, it invigorated my studies. Considering my state of health, Hawaii is the perfect place for any type of physical activity!!! The battle for better health in this depressing snow covered state is not worth it.
* Culture diversity is abound! I do believe BYU Hawaii would look great as the school I attend for the undergrad I desire especially when considering what my study is exactly. I plan to become a Professor of Ancient Scripture-keeping that in mind, International Culture Studies; World Humanities and Culture emphasis, would be a great foundational program for such a goal. A Religious Education minor is easily attainable as a student of such a private university as BYU.
One could argue these programs could simply be found at BYU Provo, to he or she I say, 'SCREW happy valley!'--(my apologies for the vulgarity) Do you not remember my time spent there for one year following my high school graduation? --CULTURALLY AWKWARD! Again, BYU Provo is no doubt a great school, let's remember my field of study and my long term goal.
* Attendance at BYU Hawaii would give me a better opportunity at gaining a greater opportunity for a semester at BYU Jerusalem!! What an experience for a biblical studies student, a semester at BYU Jerusalem!--what great opportunity to bear testimony of the Holy Land to my seminary students I plan to teach while attending grad school.
There you have it. Unless the Lord says otherwise, plans will be in motion this coming fall.




3 comments:
That is AWESOME! Too bad I finish in April :/
Mike?
Good for you Kylie! Whatever your academic dreams are - go for it. I go to school online and that works for me. Others might frown but you have to go where your heart leads you and what works for you. Good luck!
Post a Comment