Pie and Jan Ferrell were to bring me back to Lafayette for a few days but first, we spent some time in down town New Orleans.
I was so fortunate to catch Miss Verline at work for a minute. This woman is my favorite recent convert. She exemplifies great strength in the Savior. I long for the Gone with the Wind days when she could have been my 'mammy'- I would always picture it.
I love the French influence! Its everywhere.
Moulin Rouge anyone?
''My name is Henri Marie Raymond Toulouse-Lautrec-Montfa.''
Back of the St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square.
I love this shot.
The museums and cemeteries were favorites.
The cemeteries are MONUMENTAL. The following are quite little compared to the majority.
Unique to the area. ( Below sea level, flooding is a big probability. If flooding were to occur, the built up cement is to prevent bodies from floating all over the place--eeek)
Idiot people- many tombs have been broken in and robbed of their goodness.
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun!! I wish I could have been there...I guess I was, ....in clothes.....I want my red dress back!!!
Love you
Ha ha funny post Hill! Cool pics. I love the fancy french house and Napoleons death mask. So cool.
Post a Comment